Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bag Key Chains @ Target


I ordered these leatherette bag keychains from Target. com for $5.99 each hoping they would serve as shoulder bags for playscale dolls.  I purchased all available colors shown:  tan, gray, pink, and navy blue.  The measurements are:

4-5/8 inches from top of shoulder strap to bottom
3 inches from top-to-bottom of purse area
3 inches wide

This photo was taken before the keychain hardware was removed from the tan purse.

Playscale dolls can use these as a carryall (over-sized purse), but the scale is better suited for 15- to 16-inch dolls.  See the models below:

12-inch Kenya (a.k.a. Get Christie Love) can use it as a carryall.

It is a nicer size for 15-inch Moxie Teenz Bijou.
Here is the ordering link for the tan keychain purse, which will provide links to other available colors. Currently, Target. com is offering free shipping on all orders and returns through January 1, 2017.

Since the ones I purchased are still in their plastic wrappers, with the exception of the tan one the dolls modeled, I went to Target's website to grab their stock photos.  While there, I discovered the following new style, some of which have a metallic finish.  These are priced $7.99 each with eight different colors.

Here is the link to the ordering page for the gold metallic bag keychain, which will also provide links to the ordering pages for the others.
Don't forget about the free shipping on all orders from now until January 1, 2017.


dbg
Check out my eBay listings here.

10 comments:

  1. These bags really are super cute. I bought two a week ago (the tan one in your photos and the burgundy one of the second design) with hopes that they would work with my 12 inch dolls. I ended up returning them because they looked more like luggage on them than purses. They are perfect for 16 inch dolls, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jewell,

      They are oversized for playscale dolls, but I still think they can pull them off as an oversized carryall purse. Many women (not me personally) do carry purses as large or even larger.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Thank-you for sharing your links to these. I like that they can open so a doll can really carry some items in them. Years ago, I bought some doll sized cosmetics, printed IDs and cash from Jim's print mini site and then I noticed that doll purses and totes still don't open aside from those made for Bratz.:-(
    I just can't imagine making a bag as detailed as the ones you've shown. They're lovely.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are fashionable and functional... always added pluses in my opinion. :-)

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Cute! I'm not sure my dolls need more purses, but I like the idea of the oversized bags. With all the babies in town, many of my ladies need larger bags to accommodate baby items. I carry a larger bag mainly because I need my sketch pad, and an extra reading book. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see one of these being used as a fashionable diaper bag. I used to carry large bags but I can't anymore.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the pictures. I shared your post with my two sister who enjoyed them as well. I plan on looking these items up and getting a few. By the way, I really enjoy your blog because I always learn something new about the history of Black dolls in America and dolls in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ollie's Dollies. So glad you and your sister enjoyed learning about these. Thank you for the compliment on my blog. I will try to continue to share enlightening information.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. I was just in Target and I didn't see these so I will be on the look out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are available when you return to Target, Brini. If not, and if you order online, you can always get them that way with free shipping until January 1, 2017.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!