Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Simplicity Charms


Ear cuffs:  The sea green and pink cuffs were part of a set of three; the third one (far right) was sold separately.
These ear cuffs were ordered from Simplicitycharms.com as a stocking stuffer for my daughter.  After arrival, I immediately visualized them as 1/6 scale doll jewelry.


After I tried on the copper cuff (shown above), Something Sexy Adele volunteered to model the turquoise one from the same set of three.


Shown above, the turquoise cuff works well as a bracelet on Adele.  It matches the color of her sweater, too.  These cuffs can be used as rings for larger dolls as well.

Made of 20-gauge wire, the set of three in pink, sea green, and copper cost $4.50.  The silver one with "black diamond" bead, also made of wire, was $4.00.  Not a bad price to pay for doll... I mean ear cuffs that my daughter will probably misplace.

Gold-filled and silver styles priced higher are also available at Simplicitycharms.com. Browse current stock here.


dbg

6 comments:

  1. Those are nice! My sister wears a lot of toe cuff jewelry sorta similar to these. I've never seen them for ear lobes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! That is a great price for doll jewelry (per se). Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Makes me want to get out my various funky colors of jewelry wire and start playing again. I haven't made wire doll jewelry in ages...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I actually wanted to find a larger style cuff (for my daughter) that adorns the entire edge of the ear, similar to this but I waited too late to begin looking for something online that was suitable for her style. Most that I found were gaudy and others wouldn't have arrived in time.

      You're welcome, GG. I think these are cute. I really wanted the copper colored one for myself since that is the metal I wear most often, but she wasn't having it when she opened her stocking and found these. I will probably reorder some for myself.

      Go for it Saturday Sequins - there is a market for doll jewelry.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. When I saw these, I wondered if you would be keeping the copper one for yourself. :) These look good on you, and on Adele. Very cute.

      Delete
    3. Hi Roxanne,

      I should have just kept the copper one and not put it in my daughter's stocking. Just as I expected, she has no idea where they are now. That girl. I noticed for the first time this past Friday, when I asked about the cuffs, that she has two piercings in her ears. She said she got the second one last year specifically for a pair of diamond studs that she knew she would lose if she didn't wear them. So sad, but that's my girl.

      Thanks for the compliment. I will probably order a set of cuffs for myself or at least one copper colored one.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!