Saturday, April 26, 2014

Late Acknowledgement of Versatile Blogger Award


I want to personally thank D7ana of A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA).


I received notification of the nomination on April 13, 2014.  While I have personally thanked D7ana in a comment on this blog as well as on hers, I wanted to publicly thank her now.

Rules of the VBA

  •  Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. ()
  •  Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. (√)
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)  I am skipping this step for reasons outlined below.
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site(Again, I am skipping this step, but a link to the VBA site is in the previous statement.)
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. 
Seven Things About Myself That I Have Not Shared Previously
1.  I love jazz with a strong preference for instrumental smooth jazz.
2.  I listen to jazz when I work and sometimes while I read and sleep.
3.  I have worn glasses since age 10, but did not begin wearing them daily until adulthood. 

4.  I'd rather be home than anyplace else.
5.  Spring is my favorite time of year.
6.  While I do not actively collect cloth dolls, I have made special OOAK cloth dolls for years and given these to special people.  By special order, I sold the first one recently.
7.  I would like to write at least one more book.   

No Nominations
Because I recently nominated some of my favorite blogs after receiving the Liebster Blog Award nomination last month, I will not nominate additional blogs at this time.   However, if you are a follower of this blog or just happen by and would like to draw traffic to your blog, please post the URL and or link to your blog in a comment to this post. 

Thank you again, D7ana.  I appreciate you!

dbg

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie and thanks for accepting the Award and for mentioning me.

    Pauses to wave "Hi Debbie's audience!"

    I started wearing eyeglasses around 10 years old, too. Thanks for sharing this information about yourself.

    Best wishes for your next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana,

      Sharing that info about my corrective lenses brought back this memory:

      In 5th grade, I had a pair fashionable frames for my prescription glasses. I had seen a model wear the exact pair on a cover of a magazine. Had to have them, so my mother complied. I loved those glasses but only wore them in class in order to "see" the chalk board. Otherwise, I walked around squinting.

      One day in class, as vain or perhaps self-conscious as I was, I removed my glasses, placed them on my desk, and went to the pencil sharpener to sharpen my pencil. When I returned to my desk, they were gone and no one would own up to stealing them or snitching on the person who did. I had a feeling and to this day still believe that Cheryl Tucker (and I hope you read this, you thief!) is the one who stole them. She occupied the chair across from mine in the next row or behind me... close enough to be the culprit. I also recognized her voice as the person who called our house that evening and said, when I answered the phone, "ha ha Debbie B. lost her glasses," before hanging up "in my face." Salt in the wound. Oddly enough, I remained cordial with her, but never considered her my friend for the duration of our school years together and time we lived right across the street from one another.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!