Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Enjoyed Reading: Baby Dolls Don't Eat, Cry, or Grow up and Sass!

Formerly owned by Ms. Etta Houston, this is Effanbee's 1970s Educational Doll that uses the Dydee sculpt.

In a March 2012, blog post, I shared links to the catalog of dolls from the collection of Ms. Etta Houston that were to be auctioned by Kim's Korner.  The date of the auction was March 17, 2012, which took place in Richmond, Texas, but absentee bids were allowed.  Except for the author of Male Doll World, I am not sure how many people placed and won absentee bids.

I never met Ms. Houston, but I own dolls from her collection.

Ms. Houston's daughter, Barbara, recently shared her mother's collector's profile with Sherry Howard of MyAuctionFinds.com.  It is a long, but interesting read that I thoroughly enjoyed and could relate to as a doll lover on several points. 


If interested, read more about Effanbee's Educational Doll (the one featured above) here.
Here is the link to my post announcing the Kim's Korner auction of Ms. Houston's dolls. The post contains a link to the photo gallery of Ms. Houston's dolls that were up for auction.

dbg



2 comments:

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!