Saturday, July 23, 2011

Swappin' Styles Swappable Head #2 for Artsy

Swappable head #1, Barbie Fashionistas Swappin' Styles Artsy, and swappable head #2

Found at Target, the second swappable head for Barbie Swappin' Styles Fashionistas Artsy has curly hair that is darker than swappable head #1.   Head #2 also differs distinctly from the original head in color and texture. 

Head swapping, illustrated:


Artsy has a button on her back which releases her head and the entire breast plate.


Artsy's original head has been popped off.

Head #2 (on the right) is on her body.  The original head is placed nearby for comparison.  Swappable head #1 is still in the box... it's too much like the original head.


Artsy with darker, textured hair

Different is definitely better. 

dbg

6 comments:

  1. Love the new hair! I guess Mattel heard you and the countless other people that complained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vanessa. Yes, I think Mattel did hear us.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 2nd head too. I didn't buy the 1st for the same reasons but received it in a swap gift..LOL. The 2nd girl got to keep the body too. the other heads I put to the side to be sold off :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Dollz4Moi -- while I am in sell mode, I may try to sell the 1st swappable head, too. There's really no point in for me to keep it.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artsy's second swappable head looks best to me, too. I like the darker hair and the curlier, more textured hair.

    Thanks for the comparison shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D7ana - you're welcome.

    With recent manipulation of Swappin' Styles Artsy (who has been kept in the seated position due to her unstable knee joints), I discovered turning one foot inward while in the standing position allows her to hold that pose. She's still unstable, but at least she can stand without her knees collapsing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!