Sunday, June 5, 2011

On My Doll Wish List...


Hearts For Hearts Rahel from Ethiopia

...I've been patiently waiting for the Hearts For Hearts Girls to surface at my local Target.  They may never, which will force me to order online.  Amazon.com's price of $29.99 and free shipping is tempting.  I may have to take the plunge and order Rahel soon.

In addition to Rahel from Ethiopia, dolls from other lands are included in the line.  Dell (USA), Lilian (Belarus), Nahji (India), Tipi (Laos), and Consuelo (Mexico)... there's a doll or two for every little (or big) girl.   

According to the manufacturer's description, "Each doll is a girl that wants to make a difference in her life and community. When you buy a Hearts For Hearts Girls doll, a portion of the purchase price is donated to children's causes in those countries through World Vision, a global humanitarian organization." 

Little girls appear to enjoy these multicultural, 14-inch vinyl dolls and their concept.  Watch the making of the Hearts For Hearts video here. See all the dolls here.

dbg

4 comments:

  1. I loved the video. So nice to see girls of that age, interested in the dolls and the concept behind it. Sure am glad they are 14". Don't want to put anything else on my list. They are quite nice, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vanessa about whew, what a relief she's 14". She's cute. Love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your ability (Vanessa and D7ana) to remain doll-size focused.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!