Friday, May 6, 2011

Oprah Doll Stats




Portrait Doll of Oprah as a Child (presented to Oprah by Marie Osmond on the November 9, 2007 Oprah show)


According to my blog's statistics, Portrait Doll of Oprah as a Child, was one of yesterday's top viewed blogs.  After discovering this, I Googled "Oprah doll" just for kicks.

Featured in the December 2010 issue of O Magazine and on Oprah.com is a portrait doll of little Oprah by Andrea Arcello.  The doll is quite lifelike.  Except for its paler-than-Oprah's complexion, the doll captures little Oprah's essence.  View tje video, The Making of Little Oprah by Andrea Arcello by clicking/pressing the play arrow, below.



Finally, here is a link to a Google.com image search for "Oprah doll."

dbg

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the video. I didn't realize she had made a silicone version of the doll. I always thought she presented Oprah with her original sculpt. Reminded me how much I miss making my dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to resume doll making, Vanessa.
    :-)

    I enjoyed the video, too. Arcello is not only talented; she's smart. Presenting the doll to Oprah brought her immediate fame. Oprah initially wanted the doll to be one of her favorite things with Arcello needing to make 13 to give away on the Favorite Things show. That plan changed. So because there was the possibiity of additional dolls, until things changed, Arcello had to have kept the original mold. I'm not sure if Oprah has the original doll or the silicone version, but one thing's for certain: Arcello is one smart cookie.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!