Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am so looking forward to this one!

Photobucket


Image and partial ad captured from The Danbury Mint's website.

I ordered this beautiful doll after seeing it advertised in the May 31, 2009, issue of Parade Magazine.  As a rule, I do not collect porcelain dolls, but an exception was made for the Michelle Obama Inaugural doll.  I eagerly await her proposed fall arrival.  My prediction is that it will be a complete sell out and extremely hard and costly if acquired on the secondary market.  Don't sleep on this one. 

dbg

4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, I completely understand why you made the exception. But remember, more than two is a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait for you to post photos of this doll once she has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of this doll, too.

    I'd like to see someone do a 1:6 scale Mrs. Obama fashion doll. Imagine the broad range and the elegance of her clothes. Sigh.

    Plus my President Obama action figure is getting lonely ....

    Oh and dolls of the First Daughters, too ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret your comment is so true... touchΓ©!

    Roxanne and D7ana -- you know that I will share lots of photos. I just hope the doll mirrors the prototype's image! A 12-inch doll would be perfect for our DID Obama figures... just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!